Birthday ticker

Baby <foo

Thursday, September 11, 2008

16 weeks and counting...

We had our 16 week appt on Monday and everything went well. Unfortunately, we didn't get to have an ultrasound so we're still not sure what the sex is, but should know at our 20 week appt on October 6th. I think I have been feeling her/him move around more and more lately. People say it feels like bubbles, butterflies, tickles...b.s. I've been feeling little jabs...I think that is probably a sign to come, God help us. It's not doing any damage at 5 ounces, but I'm dreading to see what punch an 8 pounder can pack. Here is a shot of my belly at 16 weeks...it's in the morning (empty) so it's quite a bit less pronounced than normal. By the end of the day I swear my waistline has increased signifigantly.


Here is what is going on with baby this week per one of my many websites:

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

No comments: