Birthday ticker

Baby <foo

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Our little girl...

Well, here she is our little precious baby girl! These are the 4-D ultrasounds we had at our 28 week appointment yesterday. Of course, she was being stubborn so she is breech as of right now AND she was asleep right behind the placenta AND had her arm up in front of her face (just like her Daddy when he sleeps). But, we managed to get a couple good ones. In the first one, you can see her face in the middle of the picture and on each side of her head, it looks like Princess Leia hair buns but that's actually the placenta. In the second one, she's a little more turned to the side and it looks like she has her left hand smushed up under her cheeck/chin. The Dr. said that usually about 80% of babies have turned by now (head down) but we'll do another ultrasound in 4 weeks to make sure she has turned. If she doesn't, our 2 options are trying to turn her externally (ouch!) and if that doesn't work, a C-section. If that's the worst thing that happens, I'll be A-OK!!! Seeing her in these pictures, while a little grainy and funny-looking, really makes us want her to be here. You can get an idea of what she'll look like but nothing will compare to the first time we actually see her. But, even seeing her now hasn't helped us with the name picking. We're still at a loss. She weighs 2lbs, 11oz right now, average (51st percentile) which is a good sign that I might still not have a 9 pounder, but we'll see how the last 3 months go.

I also had my glucose test to test for gestational diabetes, but won't know the results for a few days. I thought the drink tasted pretty good, like Sunkist without the fizz! I got my Rhogam shot which hurt a little, but no biggie. I am Rh- and we won't know if the baby is Rh - or + until after she is born, so this is a preventative measure in case our blood mixes. Basically, the shot contains antibodies that will prevent my body from attacking hers or the next pregnancy if she is Rh+. To read more about Rh factor, you can click here http://www.babycenter.com/0_blood-test-for-rh-status-and-antibody-screen_1480.bc?showAll=true or just google it and there is a wealth of info out there on it.

It was great to see everyone at Thanksgiving and we can't wait to see everyone else at Christmas!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Hey!
She is sooooo cute! I can't believe how detailed those 4D ultrasounds are, amazing! :)