Birthday ticker

Baby <foo

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

22 weeks...

and counting. Here is my belly pic at 22 weeks. Everything feels fine and is going really well. We go back to the doctor on Monday, Nov 3rd for our 24 week checkup. I don't think it will be very eventful (no ultrasound or anything) but it's always nice to be reassured that everything is OK.

I've also included a couple pictures of Kristen and me. It's really sad that she will have her baby any day now and we're almost the same size. It's also sad that she has a chin/neck and I don't! :) haha I'm not sure what has happened to mine, but I hope to God it comes back soon. Now everyone sees why I only send pics of the belly and nothing else.

Here is what's going on with baby at 22 weeks:
At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

No comments: